Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another 4 going on 20 conversation with Lauren

Lauren and I were watching a commercial with a baby talking on a cell phone. Lauren commented that his mom and dad shouldn't let him have a cell phone since he's a baby. We continued with this following conversation:
Me: When should people get a cell phone?
Lauren: When they're grown up.
Me: How old will you be when you're grown up?
Lauren: About 13. Then I'll get a cell phone.
Lauren: When were you grown up, mama?
Me: I don't know; about 18?
Lauren: You had to stay with your mom and dad until you were 18???!!!???
Me: Yes, then I went to college. Will you stay with me until you're 18?
Lauren: [sigh] I guess, but that's really far away and I don't know what I'll be doing then.

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

If she only knew how simple life is until you move out! Welcome to the real world, where things aren't always fair and life sometimes kicks you while you're down! She'll definately appreciate you more then though.