Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity." ~Snoopy

Tuesday we tried a new restaurant in town called Granite City. It was a loud place but the food was good. We only waited about 10 minutes to get in, which isn't bad for a new restaurant! Zachary has already requested a return trip. Lauren liked the cheese fries appetizer we got.

As you probably know, Zachary got his tonsils and adenoids taken out two weeks ago. We have been celebrating our strep throat-free future...a little prematurely. Lauren came home from preschool yesterday with a fever. We made a trip to the pediatrician's office today and she has STREP THROAT! Ho hum. So, we got the $50 antibiotic (yikes, that's with insurance coverage) and she'll soon be on the mend.

Zachary's 8th birthday is approaching (Monday) so we're having a little party at Crazy Pinz this weekend. He requested a Pikachu (Pokemon) cake so I'll post some pictures after the masterpiece has been created!

We're off to start the bath routine a little early because Zachary wants to watch Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? before bed. Considering the number of questions he gets right, apparently the answer should be yes! :-)

Happy Thursday! David, Michelle, Zachary & Lauren

No comments: