Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day trip to Indy

Have you ever seen this 43-foot-tall glass tower? It is a sculpture called Fireworks of Glass, and it weighs 18,000 pounds!! Dale Chihuly made the entire tower out of blown glass. We took Zachary and Lauren to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis today and the tower was one of the featured exhibits. We also saw a Star Wars show in the planetarium, went through the Curious George play room, and saw real dinosaur bones in the Dinosphere exhibit. After the museum, we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was a fun little day trip!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet the trip was fun! I would love to take my youngest to the NY Museum of Natural History some day. Please stop by and see the pics of my first grandson if you would like!

Trish said...

What a fun trip! I am going to add some of those things to our next trip to Indy!